The Sexual and Relationship Violence Response (SRVR) team and staff within the Counseling Center provides privileged and confidential support services, and counseling to Syracuse University students who have concerns related to any form of sexual misconduct, including sexual assault, relationship violence, sexual harassment, stalking, and cyberbullying. There is no typical reaction to sexual assault or relationship violence. Your safety, your health, how you feel and what you want to do are most important right now. You do not have to go through this alone.
What services are available?
- Emotional and psychological support
- Trauma informed counseling
- Support groups for survivors of sexual assault and relationship violence
- Support including accompanying the student to the Department of Public Safety should the student decide to report the incident
- Safety planning
- Assistance in obtaining no-contact orders
- Facilitation of medical evaluation and evidence collection as needed and/or desired
- Review of legal and procedural information regarding reporting options to the university and/or law-enforcement
- Coordination with other offices and services for academic and housing needs
- Consultation with members of the university community regarding ways to support individuals who have been impacted by sexual or relationship violence
- If a student prefers to pursue services off-campus, referrals to Vera House (315.468.3260) or additional off campus resources can be facilitated as well.
SRVR team members and trained therapists are available to support you and provide information to help you make decisions and to aid in your recovery process. SRVR team members will help with understanding and promoting survivors’ rights and connect you with additional on-campus and off-campus resources to assist you based on the support you need and how you prefer to proceed.
Services are available 24/7 by calling 315.443.8000, follow the menu options to speak with a member of the Sexual and Relationship Violence Response Team.
Our Sexual and Relationship Violence Response Team works closely with the Dean of Students, Healthcare, Health Promotion, and Equal Opportunities, Inclusion and Resolution Services (Title IX Office), to provide support, education, and prevention regarding sexual misconduct and relationship violence. Collectively we are committed to working to end interpersonal violence and promote open discussion about sexual and relationship violence.
Available by calling 315-468-3260. Members of the Vera House team are trained to provide support and advocacy services to survivors of sexual and relationship violence. Vara House staff provide the following services:
- Legal Support
- Review and support around the reporting process