Support Resources

Support services are available to individuals that are impacted by sexual and relationship violence to help them feel safer on campus.  These support options are available to students regardless of whether or not the student would like to make a formal report. Although below we list different options available, the impacted individual is able to decide what support would be helpful. 

Support Services Available on Campus

  • Academic accommodation needs such as extensions of deadlines or other course-related adjustments, modifications of class schedules
  • Campus safety escort services
  • Residence hall relocation or other housing accommodations  
  • Leaves of absence
  • Obtaining no-contact orders
  • Safety planning
  • Support including accompanying the student to the Department of Public Safety should the student decide to report the incident
  • Facilitation of medical evaluation and evidence collection as needed and/or desired
  • Review of legal and procedural information regarding reporting options to the university and/or law-enforcement
  • Procedural advisement during an informal or formal Title IX process (Student Outreach and Support case managers) 
  • Consultation with members of the University community regarding ways to support individuals who have been impacted by sexual or relationship violence

Commonly Requested Support Services

  • Obtaining no-contact orders
  • Coordinating help with other University departments (see list below)
  • Change of housing
  • Change of course load and/or class schedule
  • Short- or long-term leaves of absence
  • Support during University Student Conduct process, should a student wish to file a complaint
  • Support through a criminal prosecution, should a student wish to file a complaint through the criminal justice system

Where can I go for Support Services?

  • The Sexual and Relationship Violence Response team and other clinicians within Barnes Center Counseling (315.443.8000), provides privileged and confidential, 24/7, to students who have concerns related to any form of sexual misconduct, including sexual assault, relationship violence, sexual harassment, stalking, and cyberbullying.
  • Title IX (Equal Opportunities, Inclusion, and Resolution Services) can provide support services to students, even without the student making a formal complaint
  • Case managers in Student Outreach and Support (315.443.4357) are also available to provide support and procedural advisement. 
  • If a student prefers to pursue advocacy services off-campus, referrals to Vera House (315.468.3260) can be facilitated as well.